As the year 2022 comes to an end and we welcome 2023, here is a great reference to check when to plan your long holidays (7 long weekends in 2023 !) with the least number of leave days you need to take.
The 11 gazetted public holidays are:
- New Year’s Day – The first day falls on Sunday, Monday is a PH
- Chinese New Year – The first day of CNY falls on Sunday
- Chinese New Year – The second day CNY – Long weekend as Tuesday is a PH
- Good Friday – Friday Duh!
- Hari Raya Puasa – Saturday
- Labour Day – Monday!
- Vesak Day – Friday!
- Hari Raya Haji – Thursday – Take leave on Friday!
- National Day – Wednesday
- Deepavali – Sunday, and Monday is a PH
- Christmas Day – Monday!
There will be seven long weekends, with holidays either falling on a Friday or Monday in 2023.
Here is the 7 holidays table
The holidays can be found on their website: https://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/public-holidays
Please monitor CashChanger.co when you plan your holidays so you can know how much money you going to spend. Check once more before you leave for your holidays so you know where you can save more when you exchange your foreign currencies. Don’t wait till the last minute and change in the airport as they don’t give you a good rate.
As always, for money changers’ rates visit
Catch up on news like 4 long weekends in 2021 here.